Oct 4, 2014

Top 5 Art Instagrams

Have you ever laid your eyes upon an illustration and thought to yourself "I wish I could draw like that!" I know I have and this thought has been crossing my mind more often this week after my discovery of the more artsy side of Instagram.

I hope sharing with you some of my favourite illustrators on Instagram would inspire you to pick up a pencil and start doodling. We've all got to start somewhere, don't we?

1. @___rachele



(Credits: @___rachele)

@___rachele's illustrations often feature pensive-looking girls gazing far off into the distance. What they're staring at, I don't know but I do know that these girls are winning my heart with every glance they make my way.

And that's @___rachele with 3 underscores!

2. @d_loren



(Credits: @d_loren)

Who could possibly resist that adorable red round nose? @d_loren's quirky works were recently exhibited at the Noise Singapore 2014 exhibition at ION Orchard. If you've missed it, hey, where have you been? But don't worry, you can still follow her on Instagram to make sure you don't miss out on anything else.

3. @elfandiary



(Credits: @elfandiary)

This illustrator from Bandung, Indonesia makes painting with watercolour look like such a breeze. He not only uploads his completed illustrations, he also posts videos of his process as well. More often than not, these videos are accompanied with good music that makes you wanna bop your head along to the beat.

Good art and good music, just the way we like it!

4. @mckayfelt



(Credits: @mckayfelt)

Unique noses seem to be the in thing nowadays when it comes to creating your own style of drawing, huh? But of course, that's not the only thing we love about @mckayfelt's illustrations. The choice of colours and the intricate details are also what makes his works stand out!

5. @teeteehee



(Credits: @teeteeheehee)

If you have never heard of @teeteeheehee, then I'm sure you have been living under a rock this whole time. This Singaporean illustrator has been featured in exhibitions, magazines, and social media frequently for her one-of-a-kind works that seamlessly (pun unintended) blend art and fashion together, bringing a refreshing take on illustration to the table.

About the Writer

Eileen is a fashion student currently studying in LASALLE. She is a design and literature enthusiast who may be a little too obsessed about hamsters, strawberries, and strawberry-eating hamsters. Guess who's managing the blog? You can find her on Instagram @dirtspecks

Labels: ,