Oct 1, 2014

Behind The Scenes: Candid Snaps!


Has anybody wondered how it feels to be a model even for a day? I've wondered and now I know for certain how exactly it feels.

Last week, I was asked to help model for a photoshoot for Rockstar and wow, I have to say, it really was an experience unlike any other. You know how I usually am as a person – stiff, awkward, and quiet – comparable to a mannequin, I would say. So imagine my surprise when I was told that I performed well!


Look! Pictorial evidence of how stiff I am.

I remember having to walk across the set multiple times just to get one photo right. Models have it tough, don't they? Thank God these new Superga slip-ons are comfortable. It helps that they look really chic with the faux fur too.

Ah yes, remind me to pop by the store to grab myself the Jacqueline Striped top in grey. You know how I can't resist when it comes to stripes. They never go out of trend and are such staple pieces too!


Although I sounded as though I was head over heels in love with that grey striped top (which I am), my favourite outfit was still this one. Layering has always been what I enjoy doing the most when putting together an outfit. If Singapore wasn't constantly this warm and humid, you would see me layering my clothes all the time.

When we were shooting this outfit, everybody was complaining about the weather, the faulty air-conditioning, and were frantically fanning themselves with their hands which was pretty amusing to watch. I might have been the only one not feeling the heat even though I was wearing two layers and in a knitted top, no less!

And yes, I'm still trying my hardest to channel my inner bad girl, evidently. Failing terribly at it too.


Phew! Finally warming up to the camera here and starting to feel a little warm myself too. I love how photoshoots are not all "Stand there!" and "Smile!" that sort of thing but are more about you trying your best to be natural while leaving behind all your reservations.

Would I do this again? Hell yes! I'll be waiting, Rockstar.

About the Writer

Eileen is a fashion student currently studying in LASALLE. She is a design and literature enthusiast who may be a little too obsessed about hamsters, strawberries, and strawberry-eating hamsters. Guess who's managing the blog? You can find her on Instagram @dirtspecks

Labels: ,